Hazy Morning
First light slipped in muddled by the night's images.
The thorny places are hard to unearth.
Trapped doors on either side.
Skeletons walk in the light.
Mixtures of draped vignettes.
Screens pierced through with stinging darts.
Hazed over this morning mocks.
It has no shame.
Laughing, seeking to bury hope.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wonderful images, Pam! Brava. I wondered about the significance of "darts" in relations to screens. For some reason my mind reverts to "stinging" insects that screens keep out. Darts, hmmm?
ReplyDeleteThank you Jude,
ReplyDeleteYou know poetry is subjective and so is the readers explication.
At the time I wrote this I was thinking of how people with negative words try to discourage your dreams.
Dreams-screens
Darts-the negative words
As always my hope is that whoever reads anything I write it touches them in some way.
Once again thank you for reading.