Saturday, August 22, 2009

The thought of waking up one morning and the words parting my lips not matching the words running through my mind is enough to cause me to hold on tight. The mere terror of imagining droll streaming down my chin is frightening and causes me to continuously write my name on strips of paper and strategically hide them throughout the house. Sometimes I'm aware of the traffic scavenging through my mind looking for a corner to lurk and take root. Some have found fertile ground and have reeked havoc on things I once knew to be true. In fact, I would have placed my most prized possessions on their validity. Now I have more questions than answers simply because they once didn't exist. Their fabrication startles me. They are tangible and are not willing to disappear. They don't appreciate being ignored. Therefore, it isn't likely they will starve to death or even suffocate. They breathe on their own, they claim their own space, they say what my mind is unaware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment