Monday, July 27, 2009

The raspy sound of my voice empty as if it came from someone else. I often stop to listen to its tone. I wonder if anyone notices when I do so. I check to see if the sound turns on me and decides to say what I have ordered it not to. Anything sealed like the idea of finding anyone who walks upright as I do. One to pour the contents of my heart into--to think what I am willing to extend will be returned.

I looked into the eyes of those both old and new to see if what I was looking for lied within the pupils. I thought I had found it. And just as I reached for it, it turned. It moved as if it couldn't trust what it felt. As if the sound of my voice pierced its ears causing them to bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment