
Sunday Morning
When I was a little girl, I went to church to be close to my mother. Being one out of six children it was my time to have her to myself. When I married and moved away, I went so I wouldn't hear her complain. When I came into understanding, I went because I had to sing, teach, preach and pray. When I became a person I guess worthy of notation, I went so Brother and Sister So And So wouldn't have anything to say.
But not today. David said, "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord." Today, I'm going because I want to worship Him. I'm going because I love Him. I'm going because He's God. I'm going because it's Sunday morning.
When I was a little girl, I went to church to be close to my mother. Being one out of six children it was my time to have her to myself. When I married and moved away, I went so I wouldn't hear her complain. When I came into understanding, I went because I had to sing, teach, preach and pray. When I became a person I guess worthy of notation, I went so Brother and Sister So And So wouldn't have anything to say.
But not today. David said, "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord." Today, I'm going because I want to worship Him. I'm going because I love Him. I'm going because He's God. I'm going because it's Sunday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment