Saturday, January 17, 2009

Forward Vernacular

Life's a bitch! Like a vindictive female ready to mangle any other woman who enters the room threatening her position in line. The lioness can smell the aroma of another mixed with the sweat of fear, she prances in ready to invade this domain and piss on her prey. This ability to extract from life what she wants is innate. A quality camouflaged by etiquette, but don't turn your back on her. Her words are as smooth as butter but there's war in her heart. A war waged to satisfy her bloody appetite. They stare one another down dancing their dance of contempt. They strike one another while their prey lies in wait. Standing there witnessing this display arouses him. He smiles as he knows he'll be satisfied with whomever is left standing. He waits for the victor to come and partake of the fleshy spoil.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious to know what inspired this piece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some recent experiences with some "catty" women, so I was venting a little. And as usual the poem took on it's own meaning by the time I finished it.

    ReplyDelete