Prince Charming is Not in the Building
Twenty years is a long time to be asleep and I'm not referring to Sleeping Beauty. The ignorantly induced slumber in which you hallucinate of halos hoovering over the tops of people heads. And when you finally wake up they have turned out to be horns.
Older women say, "girl your eyes are coming open". My question to them is, "why didn't you pry them open a long time ago?" There should be a new coalition started. A mission to warn all young women of the evils of believing hopelessly in love. The problem is, is it's a part of the American Dream. The man comes with the two point five children, the house with the flower garden and the two car garage.
Is it fantasy? I don't know. All I know is I missed the boat on the undying love. I missed the call when they called for those looking for a friend, companion and a lover. Seems to me I was in the wrong line.
I'm envious of it when I see it. I imagine it to feel like the sun on a spring morning. There are days that I wonder will it ever come to me. And there are days when I don't believe that it will and I'm tired of wishing.
Praying all of my days since I was old enough to understand the unction to knell. Yes, I still believe in the power of prayer. But I think now I'll change the words that I say. I'll stop looking at what is in my view. I'll just close my eyes and wait for the answer to come to my ear.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment