Thursday, May 8, 2008




In the Hazy Rain

The rain pours unceasingly as if it is trying to rid the earth of a bloody scene. The ground’s soil’s thirsty, open mouthed it welcomes the moisture like a suckling being nourished. The hazy streamline water is visible only when it makes connection with the skin, while puddles render hypnotizing melodies creating a foggy envelope and sealing you into another element and time.

The rain seductively chilling induces the spontaneous search for comfort. Comfort in the natural and proverbial spaces where Inanna style overtures won’t be rejected because all perspective suddenly is distorted. They are succumbed to, but later forgotten, as the hypnotic submissive potion wanes.

Fill the water pots and pour over the cracked places within--after the rain the fragrance comes--the odor of cleansing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pam:

    "The poem is excellent. The best I've read by you yet. I'm very
    impressed. I think you're getting very good ..."

    Encouragement from my friend/mentor

    ReplyDelete