Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sometimes I talk to Myself

Sometimes I talk to myself
Conversations so deep and real
I know that they are untrue

Reality often seems so harsh
Sometimes life seems so uncertain
I have to check in--make sure I’m headed in the right direction

Solomon said he was like a child
Not knowing how to go in or out
Wisdom he did ask of the Father
Liberally He will give it and hold none back

When I can’t find a friend
Someone to speak kind words to
I find a friend in me
We laugh, we wonder
We reason together

Sometimes I talk out loud
Sometimes at a whisper
Its okay I say—everyone does it too

If you don’t try it sometimes
You’ll soon discover it’s true

You don’t have to watch what you say
Don’t have to guard every word
No misunderstandings
No feelings to try not to hurt

The answers I find
The ones to life’s hard questions
I could seek silver-- like some
Others gold

But I seek the wisdom
To make it through life’s journey
It comes with experience
Lessons that unfold

Some may call this reflection
Meditation--even internalizing
I just call it what it is
Sometimes I talk to myself—and sometimes I talk to His Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment